Twitter Updates

    Thursday, February 12, 2009

    Seizing the day. One bubble at a time.

    Speaking of David Seah's blog, if you've never checked out his productivity / planning printables, do yourself a favor and do it right now. As of the beginning of January, I've been using The Emergent Task Planner on a daily basis, with stupendous results.

    Basically, the ETM is a one page per day system (you can print it yourself) that allows you to plan major tasks ahead of time, and roughly schedule them visually, while still having room on the sheet and time in your day for other events as they crop up (hence, "emergent"). Plus, each sheet has a bunch of space for jotting down notes, numbers, reminders, etc. Talk about day at a glance!

    Since having begun using it, not only do I plan my days more--more proactive, less reactive--but even on those days where I plan but don't feel that I've accomplished much, I can go back over that day's ETP and discover that, lo and behold, I usually did get a lot of important stuff done after all! And for that, I sleep much better at night.

    Besides, it gives you lots of little boxes and bubbles to fill in as you plan and accomplish things. Which, for simple-minded folks like me, is lots of fun.

    While you're at it, you'll ll also want to check out his Printable CEO(tm) series.

    No comments: